It feels like forever since the last time I attended a cars and coffee. VALT Auto Club Cars and Coffee in Alameda sure scratched that itch!
This was the first event I attended since the lockdown began last February, and this show was something else! The variety of cars I saw here reminded me of Blackhawk Museum Cars and Coffee! Everything from cool JDM imports, to insanely rare classics was here, and everything in between. More than a few cars caught my eye when I walked around with my trusty LG V30, proving once again that you can shoot a car show with just a phone!
Here are some of the things that caught my eye:
- A super-rare Renault Dinaplin resplendent in red! Actually more rare than the Alpine, since this was made in Mexico!
- A stunning emerald green Ford GT, parked right in front of the USS Hornet!
- More than a few JDM classics, like several NSXs, A pristine Subaru SVX, A Nissan R32 Skyline GT-R, and many custom Miatas.
- Rare European classics like the Lancia Fulvia, Triumph Spitfire Mk6, and a really cool Opel Kadett made in South America!
- And then the showstoppers: An insanely rare Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale, A Rauh-Welt 911, and an insane Marauder-Lola T70 Kit Car!
Since the Coronavirus is getting its second wind, it’s going to be a while until I go to one of these again. But, I’m going to be keeping my eye on anymore VALT Auto Club Cars and Coffee events happening!