These last couple of months have been super busy since the last time I wrote about what I’ve been up to, so here’s a CliffsNotes® version of recent events!:
- Attended the 2018 Ferrari Challenge at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Attended the 2018 Spring Classic and Nitro Revival at Laguna Seca.
- Attended the May 12th Monterey Cars and Coffee.
- Attended the Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival for the first time!
- Attended my last Blackhawk Cars and Coffee :(.
- Attended the new Laguna Seca Cars and Coffee (formerly the Monterey Cars and Coffee).
- And finally, attended the July 15th Orinda Cars and Coffee!
In other news:
- Blackhawk is officially over: Last month the former show-runner for Blackhawk Cars and Coffee Tim McGrane left the Blackhawk Museum and joined the Sports Car Racing Association of the Monterey Peninsula as their new CEO. Without him running things, and with the problems they were having since last year, the Blackhawk Museum decided it was the curtain call for the now-legendary gathering. It was such a shame too; where else could you see pre-war sports cars mixing it up with a stanced Subaru BRZ?
- Canepa may be following Blackhawk: There are rumors abound that Canepa might be ending its bi-monthly Cars and Coffee event simply because it’s gotten too big for its venue. While that makes sense, I hope they decide to find another place to host it instead of outright closing the gathering down. However, now there are other options…
- Monterey Cars and Coffee has become The Laguna Seca Cars and Coffee: with Blackhawk canceled and Canepa one foot in the grave, this new gathering is poised to become the biggest thing since Betty White! And with the newly-minted SCRAMP CEO Tim McGrane calling the shots, its poised to get even bigger. The last show I went to even broke 400 cars; and this was during a track day!
- I have officially ascended: I am now the proud owner of a 2003 Mazda Miata Shinsen Version. And it has a stick! Now I can actually participate in shows! Still need to fix it up though…
- New Job: I got a new job, so now I’ll be able to post more often instead of getting home at odd hours of the night and not having the energy. This is great, because I’ll need the energy for the next Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and the Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI!